Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tasting - Chateau Morrisette Frosty Dog

Name: Chateau Morrisette Frosty Dog
Variety: Eiswein
Region: Virginia
Country: USA
Year: N/A
Price: $19.99

Winery's Review:
Freezing resulted in a concentrated, aromatic juice, which when fermented became this sumptuous, complex dessert wine.  Aromas of apples, citrus, and orange blossoms are accentuated by lively acidity.   The lingering finish drips with honey, pear, and subtle mango flavors.  This delightful wine is a great dessert by itself, and can also be served as an aperitif. 


My Review:
This was my first Eiswein, and much like my first Sherry, it may be my last. This was definitely a wine that is made to be drank as an aperitif. On the nose, this wine smelt like that of a very very sweet Riesling or Gerwurztraminer. On the palate, it tated just as that. It was almost like drinking fruit syrup mixed with pounds of sugar. This was a very very sweet wine, and although it was a good experience, I do not forsee myself drinking another Eiswein anytime soon.


I did not drink this wine with food.

1 comment: