Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tasting - Chateau Morrisette The Black Dog

Name: Chateau Morrisette The Black Dog
Variety: Blend of Chambourcin, Cabernet, Merlot, and Petit Verdot
Region: Virginia
Country: USA
Year: N/A
Price: $12.99

Winery's Review:
A unique blend of Cabernet, Chambourcin and Merlot produces this exceptionally smooth semi-dry red wine. Its appealing spicy character and medium body enhance many dishes as well as light hors d'oeuvres. It's obviously well bred!


My Review:
This was a pretty good wine, although not my favorite. On the nose I found notes of Strawberry and some black pepper. The palate paralleled my nose by showing tastes of Red berries, with mild earthyness. Overall this was a respectable wine, and was very smooth, probably due to being a light bodied red.

I did not taste this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment