Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tasting - Poggio Vipere Chianti 2008

Name: Denominazione Di Origine Controllata E Garantita  Poggio Vipere Chianti 2008
Variety: 100% Chianti
Region: Tuscany
Country: Italy
Year: 2008
Price: $12



Critic's Review: Ruby red color, it has a good body and persistent aroma with hints of cherry spice. In the mouth, it reveals itself as soft, fresh, and pleasantly balanced.


My Review: On the nose, this wine had a great bouquet. There were strong aromas of dark berries and smoky wood complemented by its dark garnet red color. Tasting this Chianti, I found myself very pleased. Upon tasting, I found essences of strawberries and cherries with a hint of bayleaf spices in the mid-palate. It's finish was very smooth, with a strong almost aged scotch-like flavor of smoky charred sandalwood. Overall, I found this wine to be a good light-bodied wine with strong tastes of berry and wood, followed by a smooth no-heat finish.


I did not taste this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment